Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy 232nd Birthday Marines



To all the fellow former Marines, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

To all who continue to serve God bless and Semper Fi!

Today's Marines are a unique breed. A large portion of the Corp today volunteered knowing they were going to be put into harm's way. They carry on a great tradition of a Band of Brothers who day after day lead through example and defend their brethren. These are the few and proud I am happy to call brothers.

Today is a celebration of the birth of this legacy but let us always appreciate and support the sacrifice no matter the difference of our views.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Is this one of our pics when we went to DC? That was a really cool performance.

I am so proud of your service to our country. Your bravery was apparent when you had to fight both me and your mom before you could go into the Marine Corps!

Mister Right said...

Yes. It is from our trip to DC.

The battle to join the Corp prepared me for anything else I would face on the inside ;)

karen said...

I thank you, too, for your service, and an amen to your post about the Marines!

My boy, Robert, had quite a battle to join the Army, too. ;-)