Saturday, June 30, 2007

What I'm Listening To




I like Missy's postings for what she's listening to so I thought I would do one as well. Lately, I've been in showtune mood mixed with alternative rock and a dash of country. (Please don't try to figure that one out. It confuses me as well.)

Anyway. Today I thought I would share about one of my favorite broadway tunes that comes from the Lion King. It is entitled "Endless Night". At this point in the show Simba's father has died and Simba is all grown up. He has just reflected on something his father had told him and is now in a moment of self pity. I have always found this song to convey a lot of emotion.

Once I became a Christian, this song took on whole new meaning. Learning truth and realizing that sin died through Christ for me, I found this song reflects all of my conversion. Simba is lost in the beginning of the song but comes to the realization that the clouds will clear in his life. The line "I know that the night must end and that the sun will rise" is a analogy to Simba that the "son" will rise. I have found that it reminds of Christ's resurrection as well.

Here is a version of the song sung by the original Broadway Simba. Enjoy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karen said...

Mr. Right, you need to post more!!